OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Dale Jr. Daytona Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or age of majority under applicable law) as of the date of entry (the “Eligible Entrants”). Employees, officers, directors, members, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouses and siblings, parents and children and their spouses) and household members of Sponsor and their agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, distributors, affiliates, vendors, service agencies and companies involved in the design, implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes go to www.DaleJr.com (the “Website”) and click the banner ad link for the Dale Jr. Daytona Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes, which will take you to DaleJr.com/Daytona/default.aspx where you can enter. You must enter your first and last name, valid mailing address, valid email address and valid phone number pursuant to the on-screen instructions. Only those entries actually received by Sponsor during the designated Promotion Period and following the aforementioned requirements will be entered in the random prize drawings. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt; screen shots or confirming emails will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entrants may not submit more than one (1) entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible.
3. PROMOTION/ENTRY PERIODS. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on January 15, 2014 (the “Start Time”) and ends at 12:00 p.m. EDT on February 7, 2014 (the “End Time”) (the “Promotion Period”). All times are measured by Sponsor’s clock.
4. WINNER SELECTION, WINNERS LIST. There will be a total of one (1) Grand Prize. The drawing for the Grand Prize will be held by Sponsor at 2:00 p.m. EST on February 7, 2014 at 349 Cayuga Drive, Mooresville, NC 28117. Odds of winning any prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. Odds of winning are equal, regardless of method of entry. Winners will be announced within one (1) day of the scheduled drawings at DaleJr.com/Daytona/default.aspx.
5. PRIZES. One (1) “Grand Prize” will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize shall consist of four (4) tickets to the Budweiser Duel at Daytona currently scheduled to take place on February 20, 2014; four (4) tickets to the NextEra Energy Resources 250 currently scheduled to take place on February 21, 2014; four (4) tickets to DRIVE4COPD 300 currently scheduled to take place on February 22, 2014; and four (4) tickets to the Daytona 500 currently scheduled to take place on February 23, 2014. All events occur at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for any travel costs and costs of accommodations to attend the events. The Grand Prize includes the race tickets only. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2720.00. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes in this Sweepstakes is $2720.00 USD. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible for making all travel arrangements, if necessary, to attend the events. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events. The Grand Prize will be voided if winner does not confirm acceptance within seventy-two (72) hours of being notified that they are the potential Grand Prize winner. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to accept the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be randomly chosen from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above as being included in the prize including but not limited to transportation, meals, accommodations and incidentals, are solely the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the Eligible Entrant who submit the randomly selected winning entry (the “Prize Recipient”). The Grand Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. The Prize Recipient will be notified by email or phone, at the email address and/or phone number on the entry, within one (1) business day after the scheduled drawing. If the Prize Recipient declines to accept the Prize, or in the event that the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize Recipient will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Recipient may be selected from among all remaining Eligible Entries. If there is a dispute about whom the email address belongs to, the winning entry will be deemed submitted by the email account holder (and such account holder will continue to be subject to all other rules herein). Prize Recipients will be required to submit valid identification to Sponsor and to execute any tax filings or other documentation Sponsor deems necessary to properly award the Prize. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for a Prize that is declined or undeliverable. Any applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Recipient.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. AFFIDAVIT & RELEASE. As a condition of being awarded any prize, the Prize Recipient will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and publicity release and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. NO LIABILITY. Entrants, as a condition of entering the Promotion, agree that Sponsor and the Promotion Entities, together with their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, shall not be held responsible and shall have no liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from their participation in this Promotion, including but not limited to, any injury or damage to person or property incurred while attending events related to the Promotion; acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any of the Prizes; any injury or damage to property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any of the Prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Promotion or announcement of Prizes.
10. ONLINE ENTRY. If for any reason the online portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion at any time and award prizes for all affected drawing(s) to all eligible non-suspect entries received for such drawing(s) as of the date on which any such action is taken and all eligible mail-in entries received for such drawing(s) or as deemed fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules by Sponsor. If the Promotion is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to the end of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at www.DaleJr.com. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Entry must be manually key-stroked and manually entered by the Entrant. Repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is prohibited, and any such entries will be disqualified. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized appearance of qualification of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online system, server or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or traffic, congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. DISPUTES. Each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or the Prize awarded or the determination of Prize Recipient, which cannot be resolved between the parties, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by arbitration in Charlotte, North Carolina pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then in effect. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and Entrant further waives any all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and Regulations or the rights and obligations of the Entrants, Prize Recipients, Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), that would cause application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
12. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES. By entering the Challenge, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by and accept all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
13. SPONSOR. DEJ Holdings, LLC, P.O. Box 330, Mooresville, North Carolina 28115 (the “Sponsor”).